Ordered from top left to right.
1. White Fence – 6/21/2008; 2:04 pm; Catheys Valley, CA; f – 4; 1/1600
This was a fence leading to a pond close to my house. I positioned myself right next to the fence in order to see it’s length. I Increased the contrast and saturation of the colors slightly.
2. Nail in the Fencepost – 12/25/2008; 4:18 pm; Catheys Valley, CA; f – 5.6; 1/100
This was an old fencepost I found by some trees. I held the camera just a few inches away in order to see the detail of the nail and fencepost. I only made a minor increase in contrast for this photo.
3. Lone Water Lily – 6/21/2008; 2:21 pm; Catheys Valley, CA; f – 4; 1/800
This small pond has lilies that bloom during the summer. I used Lightroom to increase the blacks, contrast, and vibrancy of the colors.
4. Red Flower – 6/21/2008; 2:19 pm; Catheys Valley, CA; f – 4; 1/1000
This flower is in front of my neighborhood in a garden. The hills here are brown during the summer, and I liked the contrast between the color of the flower and fields. I increased the contrast and saturation.
5. View from the Deck – 6/21/2008; 1:42 pm; Catheys Valley, CA; f – 4; 1/500
This is another shot of the pond by my house. I took this from on the deck of the pond. I wanted to get a close-up of the warped benches, while still seeing the background. I used Lightroom to remove all color but some green trees in the back, increased blacks, and increased contrast.
6. Water Lilies – 6/21/2008; 2:18 pm; Catheys Valley, CA; f – 4; 1/500
I made no changes to this photo.